When trying to implement a series sidebar and stand alone page in Hugo, I saw advantages of using the taxonomies structure in hugo. config.toml To implement series as a taxonomy, I added it to my config.toml. That section now contains three taxonomies. [taxonomies] category = "categories" series = "series" tags = "tags" Front Matter My only change to front matter from my previous series implementation was to change into an array style.
Enums are new with Python 3.4 and PEP 435, but have been backported. At first, I saw more trouble than benefit from Python Enums. They are typically used for type safety, and this isn’t really enforceable in Python. But, since they are a class, you can add additional functionality to them. This gives them more usefulness than I previously thought. It isn’t easy to store data with them in most languages.
I had been planning on driving down to see the eclipse for a few months. My wife’s aunt lives directly in the totality region. We were unsure until the last day if we could make the trip, but headed down on Sunday. We were able to visit and have a nice slow Monday morning, before the big show.
Hugo’s watching web server is great for creating pages. Tweak a little and see the browser refresh. (Unless you break things and then it is still just a manual browser refresh away from back to the good state, once your page is unbroken.) As I was developing local pages, I happened to have my realtime Google Anaytics open. I noticed I was hitting it. When I look back at yesterday’s stats, I have 124 visits to a page I was working on, but hadn’t published yet.
Note: This is the first method I used to create a series with Hugo. Later in the Hugo series, I changed to using taxonomies, which is a better way of accomplishing this. This post is left up for reference. Goal In converting my Pelican blog over to Hugo, I needed to learn a new templating system. I miss a few things that Pelican did, like categories based on folders and not front matter.
I’ve used Python as my main programming language for a few years. When my Word Press was hacked and defaced yet again, I finally decided to rebuild my website with a static generator and host on GitHub. I leaned towards Pelican, due to the Python base that I thought I could modify if I needed. And I hoped that I could get it to work easily. I did get everything converted over to .
My wife and I left webOS when HP flushed their 3 year plan to revamp webOS down the toilet. We tested both Android and Windows Phone. Android is a multitasking joke. Coming from webOS, it has a terrible UI. Windows Phone has very nice flowing UI. We decided to go to Windows Phone. Microsoft representatives promised to get phones and development credits to webOS programmers. Despite many requests, it turned out to be a bunch of hot air.