Paleo Chicken Nuggets
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1 egg yolk (see Herb Crackers for uses of egg white)
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt + dash
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper + dash
- 1/2 cup + 1/3 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- frying pan
- two mixing bowls
- parchment covered baking pan
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a bowl one, mix to combine 1/4 cup almond flour, 1/2 cup coconut and salt & pepper.
- In a bowl two, combine:
- ground chicken
- 1/3 cup almond flour
- onion powder
- garlic powder
- sea salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- egg yolk
- Mix well until incorporated.
- Melt coconut oil in frying pan on medium heat.
- Make nuggets:
- Roll 2 tablespoons of the chicken mixture into ball
- Coat with the coconut and almond mixture
- Press slightly flat and add to pan
- Cook small batches for 3 to 4 minutes per side (don’t crowd the pan)
- Transfer nuggets to parchment lined bake pan
- Place in oven for 4 to 5 minutes to allow the chicken to cook through, as you fry the next batch.
Serve with Paleo “BBQ” Sauce
Keep in fridge for a few days, but will loose the crunch.
Eliminate coconut and replace with coarse almond flour.
Not yet made with coconut. Can’t seem to make a recipe as printed, even the first time. :)